Questions about the Museum? Read through our FAQs or contact our Visitor Services team at 505-946-1000 or email@example.com.
Georgia O’Keeffe Museum | Santa Fe
Do I need to make a reservation to visit the Museum?
- Advance tickets are recommended and can be purchased online. Entry times are available every 15 minutes until sold out. After entering, visitors can stay as long as the Museum is open.
Can I purchase a ticket on-site at the Museum?
- General admission tickets are available in a limited capacity at the Museum until sold out. Advance tickets are recommended and can be purchased online.
Can I return or exchange my tickets if my plans change?
- Yes, if you let the Museum know in advance, there are options for returning or exchanging tickets. Cancellations over a week ahead may receive a full refund or may be rescheduled, subject to availability.
For more information on our refund policy, see our Visitor Information Page or contact us at: 505-946-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the Museum offer discounts?
Looking to book discounted tickets? Call 505-946-1000 or email@example.com.
- Children under 18, Members, and reciprocal museum members receive free admission!
- Through the Museums for All program, SNAP recipients receive free admission.
- Through the Blue Star Museums program, active-duty military personnel and their families receive free admission beginning on Armed Forces Day, May 20, 2023, through Labor Day, September 4, 2023.
- New Mexico K–12 educators and New Mexico Healthcare workers receive free admission.
- The Share the Experience Pass (STEP) is available at participating Santa Fe libraries. Check out the pass from your local library for free admission for up to six people at the Museum. Learn more about STEP
- Bank of America’s Museums on Us® offers free admission to Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit cardholders on the first Saturday and Sunday of every month.
- Everyone receives free admission on the First Friday of every month from 5 PM – 7 PM!
Prepare for Your Visit
When is the Museum open?
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, 217 Johnson Street, Santa Fe NM
10 AM – 5 PM Wednesday – Monday
12 PM – 5 PM Tuesday
Advance tickets recommended
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Easter.
Museum hours are listed on the Hours & Locations page.
What can I expect to experience at the Museum?
- The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum comprises intentionally curated galleries to guide visitors through the inspiring and bold world of Georgia O’Keeffe. Learn about O’Keeffe’s early work as a student and teacher, her groundbreaking paintings while living on the East Coast, and her artistic revelations from her time in New Mexico.
Explore more of Georgia O’Keeffe’s career through the Museum’s special exhibitions. Special exhibitions currently on view are included on the Exhibitions Page.
Learn more about what to bring, our amenities, and other offerings on our Visitor Information Page.
How large is the Museum?
- Average viewing time is 60 minutes, but visitors may stay as long as they wish.
The Museum comprises nine intentionally curated galleries, with rotations from the Museum’s collections, which spans O’Keeffe’s entire artistic career, lasting six decades.
View our Gallery Map
Is the Museum wheelchair accessible? May I bring my service dog?
- Passenger drop-off can take place outside the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum at 217 Johnson Street for direct unloading. Vehicles may not be left unattended.
Courtesy wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis. Electronically assisted doors are available at the public entrances. Accessible stalls are available in the Museum restrooms.
Service animals are permitted in the Museum Galleries.
- Learn more about accessibility options for visiting the Museum Galleries.
Where can I park?
- The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum does not have on-site public parking. City of Santa Fe parking garages can be found nearby and metered parking is also available throughout downtown Santa Fe.
Nearby parking garages include:
Grant Ave paid parking lot
123 Grant Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501
500-foot walk to the Museum
Sandoval Parking Garage
216 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe, NM 87501
.2 mile walk to the Museum
Santa Fe Community Convention Center Parking Garage
119 S Federal Pl, Santa Fe, NM 87501
.2 mile walk to the Museum
For more Membership information, visit the Membership FAQ
What are some of the Membership benefits?
- Members receive free Museum admission for one year!
- Members enjoy 15% off all retail purchases (25% off for new Members on their first purchase)
- Become a Member to receive invitations to Member-only events and more! Explore all benefits on the Membership page.
Shop at the Museum Store at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe, the Welcome Center in Abiquiú, and online!
Where is the Museum Store in Santa Fe?
- The Museum Store entrance is located in the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. Museum admission is not required to shop! The Museum Store showcases a wide range of gift items, home décor, apparel, jewelry, and accessories in person and in our Store Online.
Can I purchase an O’Keeffe print?
- The Museum Store offers prints from our Custom Print Shop! The Custom Print Shop contains a wide range of works from the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum and from the Museum collections as premium, archival-quality, print reproductions. Visit the Custom Print Shop Online.
Do you have Member discounts?
- Members enjoy a 15% discount in the Museum Store and online! Reciprocal museum members enjoy free admission only. Interested in becoming a Member? Become a Member today!
Library and Archive
The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum Michael S. Engl Family Foundation Library and Archive is open for public appointments. Whether online or in person, the Library & Archive offers many opportunities to connect with resources and programs about Georgia O’Keeffe and much more.
Can I visit the Library & Archive?
- The Library & Archive is open to the public by appointment. Appointment hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 12 PM. Appointments must be scheduled at least 5 business days in advance. Schedule an appointment on the Library & Archive website.
Where is the Library & Archive?
- The Library & Archive is located a few meters from the Museum at 135 Grant Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501. Visits are by appointment only. The Garden is enhanced with plants that were the subjects of O’Keeffe’s paintings and features O’Keeffe’s cast aluminum sculpture Abstraction. Complimentary, free self-guided tours are available.
Image Requests and Licensing
Does the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum authenticate artwork?
- Staff of the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum do not authenticate or appraise any artwork or objects. Nor do we broker sales. For authentication, appraisal, or other sales-related inquiries, we recommend contacting an auction house.
Does the Museum manage the licensing of Georgia O’Keeffe’s artwork?
The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum holds copyright to the majority of Georgia O’Keeffe’s artworks. The Museum actively manages and licenses the usage of works by Georgia O’Keeffe, as well as related uses of her name and image, through copyright and trademark. The policies of the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum governing reproductions are consistent with the principles established by the Artist. Requests for artwork reproductions should extend public knowledge of Georgia O’Keeffe’s legacy and her art.
Learn more by visiting the Museum’s Rights & Reproduction Page. For additional information or licensing questions, please contact the Museum’s Digital Experience and Rights Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-946-1029.
Press and Media Inquiries
For press and media inquiries, please contact the Museum’s Public Relations Manager at email@example.com or 505-946-1063.
Welcome Center | Abiquiú
Prepare for Your Visit
Is the O’Keeffe Welcome Center free?
- The O’Keeffe Welcome Center is the starting point for all Home & Studio tours. Reservations are required in advance for tours and can be made at Tickets & Tours.
The Welcome Center houses an exhibition on O’Keeffe, a Museum Store, and amenities that are free to the public. For more information, please contact our Abiquiú team at 575-467-2001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is the O’Keeffe Welcome Center located?
- 21120 U.S. 84, Abiquiú, NM 87510, around 50 miles northwest of Santa Fe.
What is the O’Keeffe Home & Studio tour?
- The Museum offers three tours of the Home & Studio including a Standard Tour, an Extended Tour, and Pita’s Tour. Each tour includes a guided visit of Georgia O’Keeffe’s historic home and garden. Spend time in the patio, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, pantry, and laundry room. End your tour by taking in the beautiful view from O’Keeffe’s former studio and bedroom.
Learn more by visiting Tickets & Tours.
How do I get tickets to visit the Home & Studio?
- The Abiquiú Home & Studio tour season runs from March to November. Advance reservations are required. Book your ticket online at Tickets & Tours.
Is the Home & Studio accessible?
- The Welcome Center is accessible and includes amenities. Once at O’Keeffe’s Home & Studio, amenities are not available. Half of the tour is conducted outside on uneven, rocky terrain. Please be prepared for varied weather conditions.
Please notify us of any special accommodations at least 48 hours in advance of your visit by calling 505-685-4539. For more information on how to prepare for your visit, visit Visitor Information – Abiquiú.
Where can I stay nearby?
- The Welcome Center is on the grounds of the Abiquiú Inn, which offers overnight accommodations, a café, and more.
How far away is Ghost Ranch from the Welcome Center?
- Ghost Ranch is located at 280 Private Drive, 1708 Abiquiú, NM 87510. Ghost Ranch is a 15 minute drive north of the Welcome Center and is not affiliated with the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. Learn more by visiting the Ghost Ranch website.
Can I visit O’Keeffe’s home at Ghost Ranch?
- Currently, O’Keeffe’s Ghost Ranch home is not open to the public. The Museum hopes to increase access to the home in the future. Learn more about Georgia O’Keeffe’s Homes.