Careers & Volunteering
Staff Positions and Paid Internships
The O’Keeffe Museum has been named one of New Mexico’s Top Workplaces by the Albuquerque Journal! Check out our current openings below and come work for a top workplace in the state of New Mexico:
- Art & Leadership Program Leader, Full Time Temporary – Santa Fe
- Facilities and Safety Manager – Santa Fe
- Community Outreach Assistant – Santa Fe
- Security Specialist, Day Shift, Full Time – Santa Fe
- Security Specialist, Overnight, Full Time – Santa Fe
- Security Specialist, Overnight, Part Time – Abiquiú
- Tour Guide, Part Time – Abiquiú
- Retail Services Associate, Part Time or Full Time – Abiquiú
At the O’Keeffe, the safety and wellbeing of our staff and visitors is our top priority. All staff and visitor operations align with CDC and state guidelines preventing the spread of COVID-19. O’Keeffe employees are NM Safe Certified in COVID Safe Practices and issued PPE.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, without needing sponsorship.
The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum is dedicated to providing opportunities for professional development that support individual growth and encourage diversity within the museum field. Every summer we support several paid internships for students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Available 2024 Summer Internships:
- Curatorial Internship
- Library and Archives Internship
- Exhibition Planning Internship
- Art and Leadership Internships
Applications for the 2024 Summer Cohort will open January 5th, 2024 and close on February 28th, 2024.
Please email completed intern applications and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding the internships, please contact Ariel Russell, Manager of Exhibitions and Installations, and Coordinator of the Summer Internship Program, at email@example.com.
The O’Keeffe is grateful for our volunteers who generously commit their time and expertise to advance our mission and work. Volunteers assist with special projects throughout the year to support the needs of departments and programs across the Museum. At this time, we are not accepting applications for new volunteers.