We invite you to join us for an intermediate workshop to the medium of watercolor.
Through a variety of exercises and demonstrations, instructor Devon Burke will lead you in learning techniques to help you create your own watercolor artworks. We will also explore works that Georgia O’Keeffe created using watercolor and discuss techniques she utilized. This course is presented at the intermediate level; some experience with watercolors is encouraged!
Materials needed for the class:
- Watercolor paint set. All types are welcome!
- Recommended brand (but not required): Winsor & Newton
- Watercolor paper. All types are welcome!
- Recommended (but not required): Arches – cold-pressed, or rough
- A few varied watercolor, acrylic, or ink brushes
- A sharpened pencil (HB or harder works well)
- A white gum eraser
- A few paper-towels
- A container with clean water
- Masking fluid for experimentation (not required)
Please register in advance to access the program.
This program will take place via the video conferencing app – ZOOM. Details for accessing the Zoom meeting will be with your receipt upon registering and again sent via email the day prior.
This class is being offered on a sliding scale.
$10; minimal fee.
$20; covers the cost of the class.
$30; covers the cost of the class, plus a contribution to provide an art kit to a community member in need.
Note that all program times are in MST.
Event Community Events
Santa Fe Public Library’s Summer Reading Program: “Oceans of Possibilities
La Farge Public Library
Hiding in Plain Sight: The O’Keeffe We Never Knew
Online Class: Introduction to Watercolor